Saturday, October 14, 2023

The EVERLASTING covenant

 


Genesis 9:12-13

King James Version

12 And God said, 

This is the token of the covenant which I make 

between me and you and every living creature 

that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, 

and it shall be for a token of a covenant 

between me and the earth.


After cleansing the earth from all wickedness, GOD makes a covenant with Noah.

The LORD uses a rainbow as "token of the covenant".

With the promise being:

Genesis 9:11

King James Version

11 And I will establish my covenant with you, 

neither shall all flesh be cut off any more 

by the waters of a flood; 

neither shall there any more be a flood 

to destroy the earth.


Genesis 9:14-17

King James Version

14 And it shall come to pass, 

when I bring a cloud over the earth, 

that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

15 And I will remember my covenant, 

which is between me and you 

and every living creature of all flesh; 

and the waters shall no more become a flood 

to destroy all flesh.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; 

and I will look upon it, 

that I may remember the everlasting covenant 

between God and every living creature of all flesh 

that is upon the earth.

17 And God said unto Noah, 

This is the token of the covenant, 

which I have established between me 

and all flesh that is upon the earth.


That's the covenant GOD made.

With "all flesh that is upon the earth".

One would think all went well for the sons of Noah.

Except for one day.

Wherein a curious incident involved Ham and his father.

Canaan, Ham's son, bore the brunt of Noah's curse.

This changed Canaan's lineage forever.

That's for the next post.


Related material:

GOD's RAINBOW


Image: Free Bible Images


Sons of SHEM

  Genesis 10:31 King James Version 31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families,  after their tongues, in their lands, after their na...